Look what just arrived on the porch today? Yes, lots of Craziest Fishing Tale on the Bayou swag.
Thanks to the book’s illustrator, Sarah Gramelspacher, who introduced me to wacky button mania. Until then, I hadn’t really thought of what WOULD I DO for a button.
Then the book’s galley came. A galley is a pre-first edition copy of the book (some also call it an ARC, Advanced Reader Copy). It’s important to review for any last minute typos and galleys can be sent for reviewers, bloggers, retail buyers, etc.
In re-reading the story, I suddenly realized there are a ton of what I’m calling “HATCHER’ISMS.” These Hatcher’isms are interesting thoughts and sayings from the wacky world of the story’s eleven-year-old protagonist, Hatcher Hampton.
Here’s a few viewed in the pic above:
- I don’t remember you being part of the conversation.
- Can’t a kid get some privacy, for crying out loud?
- SMOSK. Single Mom Of Stressful Kids
- We sleep. We eat. We fish. Afterwards. We sleep. We eat. We fish.
- You on da’ bayou now, boy!
- You’re gonna get an infection if you keep picking that.
But don’t worry, there’s plenty more where that came from in the book––set for a February/March 2018 release.
Feel free to add to the early bird sales of The Craziest Fishing Tale on the Bayou by pre-ordering your copy here.
Any who do, PM or email me and I’ll mail you one of these early swag buttons now. AND JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS STOCKING STUFFERS : )