Yep, #PiBoIdMo is upon us.
What is #PiBoIdMo? It’s a picture book idea self-challenge to come up with one picture idea a day for the whole month of November – courtesy author Tara Lazar. Learn more about the fabulously zany, and most of the time brilliant, Tara Lazar and her blog “Writing for Kids (while raising them)” at the following.
Your idea doesn’t have to be well thought out, brilliant or even make much sense. But the idea behind Tara’s challenge it to get the ideas out of your head and onto the page. Each day there is a guest blogger made up of several children’s book’s authors and agents from around the country.
This year’s agents are:
- Liza Fleissig, Liza Royce Agency
- Karen Grencik, Red Fox Literary
- Ginger Harris, Liza Royce Agency
- Susan Hawk, The Bent Agency
- Teresa D. Kietlinski, Prospect Agency
- Lori Kilkelly, Rodeen Literary Management
- Tricia Lawrence, Erin Murphy Literary Agency
- Holly McGhee, Pippin Properties
- Ammi-Joan Paquette, Erin Murphy Literary Agency
- Kathleen Rushall, Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
- Jodell Sadler, Sadler Children’s Literary
- Sara Scuito, Fuse Literary
- Deborah Warren, East-West Literary
Oh, and the ideas are as an infamous James Bond girl would say, “For Your Eyes Only.” No sharing of ideas required. You’re on your honor system.
AND you can win some fabulous prizes, and maybe even a comment or two from an agent : ) (we can all dream, right?) Here’s who’s blogging:
So what do you have to lose? Get the scratch paper out, open up that laptop or pull out those unused stickee notes. And let the ideation begin.